Greening the Festival
Our Green Vision
Welcome to our Festival and to our Greener Festival Initiative. By becoming a Member of Greener Festivals for 2012, the Rose of Tralee International Festival intends to begin adopting policies, practices and behaviour that will help lessen its impact on the environment and communicate a positive green message to our visitors.
The Festival has made this Greener Festival committment as part of a wider strategy for all businesses and stakeholders in Tralee who are interested in making the town a green tourism destination, and also because it has an interest in taking responsibility for its impact on the environment as part of a commitment to a global greener future.
For 2012 we fulfilled commitments to:
- Print all promotional material (i.e. tickets and brochures) on recyled paper
- Hold events and meetings at Carlton Hotels, one of our leading sponsors, who are Green Certified
- Seperate recyclable and land fill during the Festival at the Festival Dome site
- Measure water consumption during the Festival at the Dome site
- Measure electricity consumption during the Festival at the Dome site
- Measure noise levels for events in the Festival Dome
- Position an identifiable Green Team in the Festival Dome
- Use recycled materials to help make the Rose Parade Floats
- Recycle paper waste and purchase recycled paper supplies
- Reuse and recycle Festival signage
- Encourage market traders to dispose of their recyclable waste responsibly
- Encourage visitors to the Festival to limit their impact on the environment and suggest ways they can achieve this
- Work with Tralee Chamber Alliance on being part of a wider Greener Tralee Initiative
- Help promote Tralee as a Fairtrade Town
- Help promote Kerry's natural landscape and rich biodiversity
Below are some more of our Green Pages with information on how you can hopefully join us on our green journey.